February 17, 2011

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

I walk alone.  I walk alone.  It's raining and very windy.  I'm so cold.  My jacket is stuck in the locked door of my little car.  Keys, phone, and money are all locked inside.  I walk alone.  I walk alone.  Five miles down the road and still nothing.  There is no where for me to go.  Nobody is on the streets but me.  All the buildings look abandoned.  The world seems grey an unwelcoming.  Everything is so quiet.  I walk alone.  I walk alone.  I look to my left.  Leaning against a burnt down tree is a story never been told.  A blank application.  Words that never got the chance to be said.  Behind a broken window, on my right, is a prom dress never been worn.  A volleyball left unplayed with.  A heart of a friend that couldn't be helped.  I walk alone.  I walk alone.  As I continue down the boulevard of broken dreams, regrets linger in the air.  If only, If only.  It's getting dark and wolves begin to howl.  I walk alone.  I walk alone.

1 comment:

  1. maybe a little depressing-especially the part about an unworn prom dress and volleyball.. somethings behind that, that i want to know.

    ReplyDelete