March 27, 2011

Jealousy

The Rose that Grew from Concrete
by Tupac Shakur

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack
in the concrete?
Proving nature's laws wrong it learned 2 walk
without having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping its dreams
it learned 2 breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else even cared!

I have always loved this poem!  It makes me so jealous!  Why?  Because it is short and inspirational.  In four short lines, this poem made me feel like I can do anything!  Even the impossible.  And I love how this poet used the line "proving nature's laws wrong it learned 2 walk without having feet" to mean the rose bloomed in a place it usually doesn't, thus proving nature's laws wrong.  I think everyone has the ability to prove nature's laws wrong and bloom when no one else seems to care.  You just have to follow your dreams.


4 comments:

  1. I love this poem too, I love the part where it says, "...it learned 2 walk without having feet..." I love that to me it says that you can do anything with no foundation, if you just believe in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree. i really like the poem. its way inspirational. i like your post too. good thinking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post. Your blog makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this poem too. Mt perspective is...it is impossible for a rose to grow from concrete are you kidding??
    believe in yourself when no one does.

    ReplyDelete